If you’re looking for alternatives to fillers or surgery, Lip Blush Tattoo is a great choice. We at Celebrity Permanent Makeup are skilled at helping you get the lip design, shape, and color you want. The lip enhancement process is done in two sessions and includes a gentle blending of colors so there’s no line of differentiation. This method will maximize the fullness of the lips.
Frequently Asked Questions
* Do not work out 24 hours before procedure.
* NO alcohol, caffeine or stimulants 48 hours before procedure (Yes, there is caffeine in decaf coffee and tea!).
* Avoid sun and tanning one week prior to procedure.
* Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 48 hours before procedure.
* Avoid Fish Oil, Primrose Oil, Prenatal Vitamins, Nutritional Shakes (Shakeology, etc), “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements for a minimum of 48 hours prior to procedure.
* Discontinue Retin-A, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) at least 6 weeks prior
* Must wait 4 months after lip fillers and 6 weeks after touch-up. It is possible to have poor color retention in lips that have had collagen injections within 4 months, and within a year of Restylane. There is the risk of pigment migration along the lip line if you have had Restylane.
* Wait six months after a lip implant
* Avoid the following herbs and spices 48 hours before procedure: ginger, cinnamon, garlic, black and cayenne pepper.
***** All lip tattoo clients must contact a doctor for a prescription of an antiviral medication (Valtrex) to prevent a herpes outbreak. Start taking medication 2 days prior and continue for 3 days post procedure.
Please Note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle.
During healing, the lip pigments used will revert back to their original state, which is a powder. Lip tattooing does not replace makeup. In fact, it is advised to wear some type of lip gloss to enrich the color tattooed. Lips will vary in color on a daily basis and change color during the day. This depends on if we are hot or cold. Even if we are well hydrated or not.
** Right after the procedure lips normally feel dry, chapped, tight, and tender to the touch. Lips will feel better with each day. Should anything occur that has not been addressed, please call immediately.**
* Take antiviral medication (Valtrex) 2 days post-procedure.
* Apply supplied ointment on lips several times a day. This should be done for at least 14 days post-treatment. Do not allow lips to become dry. This may interfere with healed color. During the day if lips feel dry, apply a light layer of ointment. Make sure to dab on the skin, do not rub in.
* Itching is normal, DO NOT PICK!
* No soaps, cleansing creams, or chemicals on lips. Wash your face carefully avoiding the lip area for 7 days.
* Avoid moisture to the lips such as Hot Soup, Hot Cocoa, or Hot Coffee for 5 days. Drink everything through a straw until your lips completely peel. DO NOT stretch the lips.
* Avoid water on the new pigmented areas as much as possible, in the First 7 days. (when showering, washing face, etc. have ointment on the pigmented area to protect lips from water). Do not stand in front of the shower head when showering.
* Avoid facials, swimming, and or hot tubs for at least five days.
* Before brushing your teeth, seal your lips with ointment first. Put cotton balls in gum areas so the toothbrush will not rub against the lips. No whitening toothpaste (during the healing process). Use a small amount of toothpaste. Take a straw with you to the bathroom to retrieve water to swish with. Do not bleach your teeth while your lips are healing (about 2 weeks).
* You may apply an ice pack (which must be protected with a wet barrier film of paper toweling, towel, or cloth) for 10-minute intervals for the first 48 hours. Ice may be applied every hour or so if desired. Do not put ice directly on the area.
* Do not expose the lips to direct sunlight (tanning or tanning bed) for 4 weeks. This is new skin and will sunburn easily and direct sun prematurely may also cause scarring. Use a lip gloss with sunblock of at least 30 SPF to protect the lips when outdoors.
* Chapstick may be used on the lips after the 2nd week.
* You may wear lipstick after the first week, make sure the tube of lipstick is new.
* Do not bite into greasy, oily, salty, or spicy foods, rather cut them up and place them into your mouth.
* While eating, do not constantly wipe your lips with a napkin or keep licking your lips as this will impede the healing process. DO NOT PICK dry healing tissue or you WILL remove the pigment color!
* Sleeping slightly elevated will help prevent swelling. It’s recommended to sleep on your back on a satin pillowcase. If the pillowcase is not satin, you may also wrap your pillowcase at night and replace it with a fresh wrap in the morning. This keeps pigment from sticking to the pillowcase at night.
* No smoking while lips are healing! (Approximately two weeks)
* No kissing, rubbing, or friction on your newly tinted lips until the area is totally healed or else you will lose tinting (about 2 weeks).
* Avoid Retin-A, and Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) near lips to prevent premature fading.
* Lips may be dry for 3 to 5 months depending on the body’s reaction.
* Color can last up to 3 years
Expect moderate swelling, usually one to three days following the procedure. Scabs will make the lips feel thick. Lips will fade up to 50% after the first 5 days. While healing, the tattoo will look spotty. This is due to the oxidation of the pigment and the redness of the skin. Two or three permanent makeup applications may be required to achieve the desired results.
The following Pre and Post-Care for lips will affect how quickly or slowly you heal. Mature age, poor diet, stress, smoking, excessive alcohol consumption, age, general health, sleep/fatigue. The more fatigued you are the lower your immune system is and infection is more likely to occur. Please get plenty of rest and drink lots of water to hydrate prior to the procedure.
**Please be patient. Cosmetic tattooing is a multiple-step appointment process with a healing time of approximately 6 weeks in between touch-up appointments.
TANNING WILL LIGHTEN ANY PIGMENTED AREA OVER TIME, SO USE A SUNBLOCK 30+ WHEN TANNING. It is best to fully cover your cosmetic tattoo with a hat once you have healed to avoid premature fading. FAILURE TO FOLLOW PRE OR POST-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS MAY CAUSE LOSS OF PIGMENT, DISCOLORATION, OR INFECTION.